Friday, July 25, 2003

So I had a splendid day today. I went swimming with Tessa and my sister. Then we went to the Millbrook Doggie Park, where you take your dog(s) and let them off the leash in a fenced in area and they can run and socialize with other dogs, while you socialize and play with yours and other dogs. It is so much fun, but really really really hot. Then we had lunch and went shopping. Then came the funnest (i know, i know, that is not a word) part of the day. We filled up 50 water balloons, of all different sizes, and then we took them outside in a basket. Tessa, Sherby and I each held two balloons in our hands. Then we got on the trampoline, still holding the balloons, and we began to jump. Then one of us would yell, "One. . . . . Two. . . . . Three!" and on "three" we would all toss the balloons into the center (we were jumping in a triangular shape), and then we would keep jumping. And the balloons would bounce around and we would try to jump on top of them. Usually we missed, but it was fun to try, and also extremely hilarious to do. Then my sister comes up with the brilliant idea of doing a seat-drop onto a balloon. [For those of you who don't know what a seat-drop is, I guess I will clue you in. Basically you jump into the air, and stick your legs out straight in front of you----in a formal gymnastics meet or competition, you should point your toes nad keep your back straight----and then you basically "sit" down on the trampoline, instead of letting your feet hit the trampoline.) Anyways, we all took turns trying this, but the balloon kept bouncing around too much so it didn't really work, except for one time, which I had the luck of being the seat-dropper. Lol. It was fun and we got really soaked! Well, that is the extent of my very awesome day! And. . .(drum roll please). . . . . .the first chapter of my novel is complete!!!!! Yay!

"The hardest of all is learning to be a well of affection, and NOT a fountain; to show them we love them, NOT when We feel like it, but when THEY do." -Nan Fairbother

"Remember, when people talk behind your back, it only means you are two steps ahead!"


And one of my personal favorites (because I often act like such a goofball):
"When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on Earth, so what the hell? LEAP!"


Alright, that's all for now. Thanks for reading. I need to work on the second chapter of my novel now!---and figure out what the symbol for "goober cards" is going to be. :)

God bless.

No comments: