Sunday, July 06, 2003

So, today was not so bad. I am excited about tomorrow. Other than working, I have 2 1/2 hours of dance classes, and then I am getting together with people to run.

There was a time when I needed you
more than anything else
There came a time when I had to begin
to rely on myself
I had to start looking within me for the
feelings I needed to feel
But the lessons about life and love you
taught were real
You always carried your head held high,
always wore a smile.
You showed what friendship was about,
and I will miss you for a long while.
Through all the hard times, you never
left my side.
You proved that through thick and thin,
friendship will abide.
You showed me all about new dawns, a
brand new start
You lived life with a caring, nurturing, loving,
compassionate heart.
I wish that I could have helped you in your time
of true need,
but I understand that fate has a reason, which
we all must heed.
So what happened cannot be redone, and we
must keep moving on,
Waiting for the new chance, the next day, the newly
risen sun at dawn.

These are the things Diana taught me. About living without regretting the past, and moving forward each and every day. Remembering that "we cannot embrace the future and make it ours until we have released the past." It took me a long time to share these things with other people, mostly because it hurt. I soon came to realize that there is a lesson to be learned from all of this, and there is a new start tomorrow. Thinking about everything she taught me (everything above) made me realize that what happened was out of my control, and I cannot change it now. I have to move forward, and reach out so that this doesn't happen again. I want other people to know that life keeps going. Yes, it hurts like nothing else in the world, and the pain is there for a long time, but the lessons she taught me are priceless. I want other people to glean something from them, and understand that what Diana taught me is not something true of only her life or mine, but of the lives of people everywhere. And what I don't want to ever happen again, is for someone to take for granted lessons and friendships until it is too late. For it to take pain for the realization, about the wisdom and the love that some people have, to come to them.

That took a lot out of me, I will cease composing at this time, and let whoever is reading this have time to digest what I have just shared with you. Thank you, if you are reading this line, for taking the time to read this and learn what I learned from her.

No comments: