Thursday, July 31, 2003

"Relinquish the hurt they bestowed upon you, and you will truly be set free."

"Let it all go, all the hurt, all the anger you have built up against them. Start tearing down the wall of hatred you have for them because of what they did to you. It is then and only then that you really begin to live."


Alright, now for my lecture of the week. Sorry but this has been bugging me and I feel the need to share it. A lot of people in your life are gonna hurt you. They are gonna stab you in the back, betray your trust, and do things that you never imagined other people would do to you. And it's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt for a long long time. But you have to remember, and it took me a long time to figure this out, that all people have clay feet. We are all gonna screw up and make terrible mistakes. And no matter how much it hurt, what they did to you, you need to be able to take a step back and say, "As much as that hurt me, I have to forgive them." Forgiveness is the key. It doesn't mean the pain is gonna instantly dissipate, it just means that you can allow yourself to let go of how much it hurt. It's hard to explain. Colossians 3:13 says, "Forgive as the Lord forgave you." It's hard to forgive sometimes because the hurt is still there, and you are angry at what they did. Sometimes it helps to talk about it, then again it may not. What I am trying to say, and not doing a very good job of saying is, We all screw up; we all screw up really badly. We use and abuse other people like they don't have feelings. And you know what? We do it again and again, and most of us never learn. We're human. That's not an excuse to hurt people, but on the flip side, we have to forgive people. We have to say in our hearts, truly, "That hurt me so much, and the pain is there, and I am gonna find a way to deal with the pain, but holding a grudge is not going to help." Never mind, I give up. What I was trying to say didn't come out right and so if you are still reading, I am impressed. Sorry this was no good.

"Realizing that everybody has clay feet gives us an excuse. It is NOT an excuse to hurt people, but it IS an excuse to forgive them." -Unknown

No comments: